“Let the children come to Me.”
Religious Education Registration
FAITH FORMATION (formerly CCD or Rel. Ed.) REGISTRATION for ST. JOAN of ARC and ST. LOUISE de MARILLAC IS OPEN.
Our new on-line registration for 2019-20 Faith Formation sessions is available for St. Joan and St. Louise parishioners and requires electronic Materials Fees collection via debit/credit transaction.
If you DO NOT wish to submit fees payment electronically, please print and complete the Registration Form that may be submitted to the Faith Formation offices (formerly Religious Education/CCD) in person or via mail with a check or cash. Forms are also available in both Faith Formation Offices, both Parish Offices, and in St. Joan of Arc Church.
- FAITH FORMATION CLASSES AT BOTH ST. JOAN OF ARC AND ST. LOUISE DE MARILLAC WILL BEGIN THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2019.
- The 2019-2020 Catechetical Calendar is available.
- All 1st time registrants of St. Joan or St. Louise must submit a Baptismal Certificate with Registration Form unless baptized at St. Joan of Arc or St. Louise de Marillac.
- Family Fees: $60- one child; $90- two children; $135- three or more children
Fr. Joe’s Faith Formation letter to St. Joan and St. Louise parishioners below:
Dear Families, Catechists and Friends,
Now that the busy days of preparing for Easter are past and our catechetical year is complete, I am glad to take this moment to talk about taking a big step with you in the next year. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to meet with a number of you last month, in late March, to talk about building a new, united Faith Formation Ministry serving both St. Joan of Arc and St. Louise de Marillac parishes. The input of our families and catechists was most valuable in guiding some of the decisions and considerations which I have made together with our CCD/Religious Education staff members of both parishes.
You are aware that the On Mission for the Church Alive! pastoral plan for our diocese has brought St. Joan parish together with St. Louise as one ‘parish grouping.’ The re-assignment of some clergy and the change in our Mass schedule this past October was not the end of that plan, but rather a beginning. Our goal for all of the people of St. Joan and St. Louise is to grow together into one vibrant parish community working to build more effective ministries. It is in this spirit of hope and of ongoing renewal for the life of our parish that we are taking these next steps.
What’s happening in the coming year?
- We will have one Faith Formation Program serving our parish grouping (both St. Joan and St. Louise) beginning with this coming academic/catechetical year.
- Faith Formation programs will be offered at both Joan and St. Louise church sites.
- All parishioners of each parish are welcomed to register their students in whichever program(s) best suit their family and student needs, at either church location.
- Classroom Faith Formation will meet weekly:
- Mondays, 4:45-6 pm for grades K-5 at St. Louise.
- Wednesdays, 6:15-7:30 pm for grades K-5 at St. Joan.
- Thursdays, 6:15-7:30 pm for grades 1-8 at St. Louise.
- EDGE Middle School Program, for 6th, 7th and 8th graders, will meet twice per month:
- Mondays, 4:30-6:15 pm at St. Louise
- Wednesdays, 6-7:45 pm at St. Joan.
- The Home school Faith Formation Program will be available to all families of both parishes, for all grades (1-8), now including students in ‘Sacramental Years’ (2nd and 8th graders preparing for First Communion and Confirmation).
- Home School Session Dates:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:00 pm @ STL School Cafeteria
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm @ SJA Gathering Place
Following Home School Sessions are:
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6:00-7:15 pm @ SJA Gathering Place
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 6:00-7:15 pm @ STL LeGras Hall lower
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 6:00-7:15 pm @ SJA Gathering Place
- Tuesday, April 19, 2020 at 6:00-7:15 pm @ STL LeGras Hall lower
- Test will be on-line… not at any of the above home school family sessions.
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:00 pm @ STL School Cafeteria
- Registration will open on Monday, May 13. We are introducing online registration this year for your convenience, but you will also be able to register at our parish offices or by mail. Please watch your email for further notices this week and next which will contain important details and instructions.
- Our Faith Formation Ministry will be served by 3 full-time ministry positions: a Director of Faith Formation for Primary Grades (K-5), a Director of Faith Formation for Middle School Grades (6-8), and a Director of Youth Ministry and Evangelization. They will be working together as one team, assisted by support staff, based in a common office to be located at the St. Joan of Arc parish building.
What is our vision for the future?
At our March meetings I shared with you some insights gathered from recent studies indicating the increasing rate of teens and young adults choosing to leave the Catholic Church, and very often laying aside any church affiliation. The details and reasons for this sad trend are many, and there is no simple solution at hand. Lay leaders and clergy in our Church are increasingly seeing this as an opportune moment to approach Faith Formation and Evangelization with a renewed commitment and with an openness to new approaches to better meet the needs of our children, teens, young adults and families. Working together to establish a united Faith Formation Ministry and consolidating our programs is an important beginning. We all need time to adjust to changes in our schedules and to build relationships. We will remain committed to better integrating Faith Formation and Evangelization with our parish life, and to exploring many new ideas and current best practices already used in other parish communities – all with the goal of encouraging one another to grow in our relationship with Jesus and with His Church. Please pray with me that the Lord will bless this new beginning which is already well established on the faith and good works of our parish families, catechists, volunteers and staff.
Sincerely in Christ,
We are pleased to offer families a number of options for your child(ren)’s Religious Formation. Questions are welcome in the Faith Formation Offices at 412-835-3724 (St. Joan) or at 412-835-1155 (St. Louise) or firstname.lastname@example.org
When registering, please include at least one email address, as this is our prime means of communication. All children who are new to the program, regardless of grade level, please include a baptismal certificate with your registration (unless the baptism occurred at St. Louise). Registration and certificates may be returned to the Faith Formation Offices or Parish Offices, or mailed to either:
St. Louise de Marillac St. Joan of Arc
Faith Formation Faith Formation
310 McMurray Rd. 6414 Montour St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241 South Park, PA 15129
Forms are also available in both Faith Formation Offices, both Parish Offices, and in St. Joan of Arc Church.
Allergy Alert – There is a NO FOOD POLICY during Religious Education Classes. We have children attending classes with severe life threatening allergies to ALL nuts and other food items. (If your child eats nuts or nut containing products, i.e. peanut butter, almond milk, granola bar, etc. prior to Religious Education Classes, we ask kindly to please wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water Hand sanitizer, unfortunately, does not remove the protein that causes anaphylactic and allergic reactions.) Thank you for your understanding.
Learning Needs – If your child has a different way of learning, or particular needs for their formation, please do not hesitate to contact the Director of Faith Formation at 412-835-1155. Individualized plans can be created so that, just like a beautiful garden of flowers blooming, each and every child has an opportunity to grow in his/her own way in love, wonder and Life with Jesus.
“For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” ~ Mark 10:14