“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.”
FEED THE HUNGRY- Family Service Day, Saturday, October 7, 2017.
ALL families are invited to participate on Saturday, October 7, in a Family Service Project.
This project will contribute to Pittsburgh’s “Red Door Program”.
Families are asked to bring donations and help prepare bagged lunches to help feed the hungry. Information about the Red Door Program is below:
Saint Mary of Mercy Church, which is located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, provides several kinds of assistance to people in need.
The “oldest” of Saint Mary’s services is the Red Door Program which began during the Great Depression. This program provides a bag lunch,
Monday through Saturday to more than 100 persons each day. Volunteers prepare and distribute a variety of food depending on their supply.
The food is placed in a brown paper bag where customers grab-n-go. The program is underwritten by Saint Mary of Mercy Church through
various contributions made directly to the Red Door.
WHEN: Saturday, October 7, 2017… 9:30-11:30 AM
WHERE: St. Louise de Marillac Parish… lower level, LeGras Hall
WHAT: Many hands to prepare the bagged lunches… small children may make cards for lunches
DONATIONS: Bread, apples, peanut butter, jelly, small bagged snacks/cookies, bottles of water, fruit juice boxes
CONTACT: To RSVP or to ask questions…
Please email email@example.com or call 412-835-1155
IF UNABLE TO ATTEND… PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING X-LARGE PLAIN WHITE SOCKS. BRING TO THE RELIGIOUS ED CENTER OFFICE.
CONFIRMATION 2017 for incoming 9th graders will be with Bishop Winter on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2017.
- We will celebrate Confirmation twice that day, at 10:00am and 1:30pm. The candidates will be divided alphabetically, last names A-L (10:00am) and M-Z (1:30pm). As with all sacraments through the Religious Education Center, if circumstances prevent you from attending the assigned celebration, please put the change request in writing with both parents/guardians signing the request in agreement to the change.
- Reconciliation (confession) – Saturday, October 7, @ 10:00a.m in Church for Candidates with last names beginning with A-L; AND Saturday, October 14, @10:00a.m. in Church for Candidates with last names beginning with M-Z.
- Confirmation Rehearsal – Wednesday, October 18, from 6:30-8:00p.m. in the Church. All Candidates (ONLY) please report to the Church by 6:30p.m.
Any Questions… call the Rel Ed Center (412-835-1155) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT DATES for ALL upcoming Sacraments 2017-18
- Rite of Enrollment – Saturday, October 7, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, October 8, 9:00a.m. Mass, OR 11:00a.m. Mass. Please bring child’s Rite of Enrollment NAME CARD with you to Church.
- First Reconciliation – Saturday, December 9, 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in the Church, for all 2nd grade students and families whose last names begin with A through L.
- First Reconciliation – Saturday, December 16, 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in the Church, for all 2nd grade students and families whose last names begin with M through Z.
- First Eucharist Parent/Guardian Meeting – Sunday, January 7, at 1:30p.m. in LeGras Hall, OR Monday, January 8, at 7:00p.m. in LeGras Hall.
- Celebrate Jesus! First Eucharist Retreat – Saturday, April 7, from 9:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in LeGras Hall for families whose last names begin with A through L.
- Celebrate Jesus! First Eucharist Retreat – Saturday,April14, from 9:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in LeGras Hall for families whose last names begin with M through Z.
- First Eucharist Practices – Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at 7:00p.m.; OR Friday, May 4, at 3:15p.m.; OR Wednesday, May 9, at 7:00p.m. All in the Church. (Practice lasts one hour.)
- First Eucharist Celebrations – May 5, 2018 at 11:00a.m. for families whose last names begin with A through H; May 5, 2018 at 1:30a.m. for families whose last names begin with I through R; May 12, 2018 at 11:00a.m. for families whose last names begin with S through Z.
7th GRADE Rite of Intention:
- Parent/Candidate (student) Meeting – Monday, October 9, 2017 @7:00pm- lower level of LeGras Hall. Rite of Intention will be discussed.
- Rite of Intention – Saturday, December 9, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, December 10, 11:00a.m. Mass, OR 4:30p.m. Mass. Choose (1) Mass that best fits your families schedule. Please bring candidates Letter of Intention for Fr. Joe.
8th GRADE Rite of Election:
- Parent/Candidate (student) Meeting – Monday, February 12, 2018 @7:00pm- lower level of LeGras Hall.
- Confirmation Retreat – Sunday, March 11, 2018 @ Seton LaSalle High School- from 12:30p.m. until 6:00p.m. Busing will be provided.
- Rite of Election – Saturday, March 3, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, March 4, 11:00a.m. Mass, OR 4:30p.m. Mass. Choose (1) Mass that best fits your families schedule.
EDGE Middle School Ministry
EDGE is St. Louise’s new program for Middle School Ministry & Formation for students in grades 6, 7 & 8. It satisfies Religious Education requirements for grades 6-8 on Wednesday evenings, twice per month from 6:45-8:30pm. The program is held in a large group setting with small grade level discussion break-out sessions. Our Youth Minister, Jason Zych is leading EDGE. Questions… please contact Jason at email@example.com or call 412-833-5757. You may visit the Life Teen/EDGE website link below:
- EDGE Middle School Ministry
- Download the 2016-17 EDGE Calendar
- Download the 2017-18 EDGE calendar
Kindergarten & 5th Grade
New last year… and we aren’t making any changes. We offer ONE class of Kindergarten at the Monday session ONE K class at the Wednesday AFTERNOON session, we also have 5th GRADE on Wednesday AFTERNOON.
Registrations Forms are also available in the Parish Office in LeGras Parish Center.
Don’t forget… any weather cancellations will be announced via our Flocknote email blasts, and on the TV stations, KDKA, WTAE, WPXI.
We follow Upper Saint Clair closure schedule.