“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.”
ALL of our parish second grade students whose last names begin with the letters M thru Z will be making their 1st Reconciliation on Saturday, December 16 from 10:00 am – 11:30 am in the Church. Student’s Families are invited to join in prayer and celebration in the Church Proper. Any 2nd grade student, regardless of last name, who DID NOT attend First Reconciliation on December 9 should attend. Please just come, we will be ready for you. Any questions, please email email@example.com or call 412-835-1155.
BELIEVE! Nativity Event:
Monday, December 18 at 5:00 pm in St. Louise Church
Our students in Religious Education will share a beautiful Scripture and song reflection. All are invited to come and share in this prayerful meditation as we prepare our hearts for the celebration of the birth of Christ. Non-perishable food items will be accepted as donations toward our food pantry for the ministry by our Ladies of Charity. Further question may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-835-1155.
8th Grade Confirmation Prep:
All eighth grade “ELECT” students should have received a letter and invitation from Father Joe concerning their upcoming Confirmation Preparation Meeting, Rite of Election and IGNITE Retreat at Seton LaSalle High School. Please return all retreat permissions and $10.00 fee to the Religious Education Center by January 24. Questions, please e-mail email@example.com or call 412-835-1155. Click here for IGNITE 2018 FLYER and the Permission Form. May the Holy Spirit fill your hearts with God’s peace during this new time!
IMPORTANT DATES for ALL upcoming Sacraments 2017-18
- Rite of Enrollment – Saturday, October 7, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, October 8, 9:00a.m. Mass, OR 11:00a.m. Mass. Please bring child’s Rite of Enrollment NAME CARD with you to Church.
- First Reconciliation – Saturday, December 9, 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in the Church, for all 2nd grade students and families whose last names begin with A through L.
- First Reconciliation – Saturday, December 16, 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in the Church, for all 2nd grade students and families whose last names begin with M through Z.
- First Eucharist Parent/Guardian Meeting – Sunday, January 7, at 1:30p.m. in LeGras Hall, OR Monday, January 8, at 7:00p.m. in LeGras Hall.
- Celebrate Jesus! First Eucharist Retreat – Saturday, April 7, from 9:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in LeGras Hall for families whose last names begin with A through L.
- Celebrate Jesus! First Eucharist Retreat – Saturday,April14, from 9:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., in LeGras Hall for families whose last names begin with M through Z.
- First Eucharist Practices – Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at 7:00p.m.; OR Friday, May 4, at 3:15p.m.; OR Wednesday, May 9, at 7:00p.m. All in the Church. (Practice lasts one hour.)
- First Eucharist Celebrations – May 5, 2018 at 11:00a.m. for families whose last names begin with A through H; May 5, 2018 at 1:30a.m. for families whose last names begin with I through R; May 12, 2018 at 11:00a.m. for families whose last names begin with S through Z.
7th GRADE Rite of Intention:
- Parent/Candidate (student) Meeting – Monday, October 9, 2017 @7:00pm- lower level of LeGras Hall. Rite of Intention will be discussed.
- Rite of Intention – Saturday, December 9, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, December 10, 11:00a.m. Mass, OR 4:30p.m. Mass. Choose (1) Mass that best fits your families schedule. Please bring candidates Letter of Intention for Fr. Joe.
8th GRADE Rite of Election:
- Parent/Candidate (student) Meeting – Monday, February 12, 2018 @7:00pm- lower level of LeGras Hall.
- Confirmation Retreat – Sunday, March 11, 2018 @ Seton LaSalle High School- from 12:30p.m. until 6:00p.m. Busing will be provided.
- Rite of Election – Saturday, March 3, at 6:00p.m. Mass, OR Sunday, March 4, 11:00a.m. Mass, OR 4:30p.m. Mass. Choose (1) Mass that best fits your families schedule.
EDGE Middle School Ministry
EDGE is St. Louise’s new program for Middle School Ministry & Formation for students in grades 6, 7 & 8. It satisfies Religious Education requirements for grades 6-8 on Wednesday evenings, twice per month from 6:45-8:30pm. The program is held in a large group setting with small grade level discussion break-out sessions. Our Youth Minister, Jason Zych is leading EDGE. Questions… please contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-833-5757. You may visit the Life Teen/EDGE website link below:
- EDGE Middle School Ministry
- Download the 2016-17 EDGE Calendar
- Download the 2017-18 EDGE calendar
Kindergarten & 5th Grade
New last year… and we aren’t making any changes. We offer ONE class of Kindergarten at the Monday session ONE K class at the Wednesday AFTERNOON session, we also have 5th GRADE on Wednesday AFTERNOON.
Registrations Forms are also available in the Parish Office in LeGras Parish Center.
Don’t forget… any weather cancellations will be announced via our Flocknote email blasts, and on the TV stations, KDKA, WTAE, WPXI.
We follow Upper Saint Clair closure schedule.