“Go to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” Matthew 28:19
All are welcome…
CONFIRMATION 2018 INFORMATION
Our 2018 Confirmation date has been announced! The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated on Saturday, October 13, with Bishop David A. Zubik.
Important dates for our 9th grade Candidates and families:
- SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION (CONFESSION) for the Candidates
Saturday, September 29, @ 10:00 am in the Church for Candidates with last names beginning A – L
Saturday, October 6, @ 10:00 am in the Church for Candidates with last names beginning M – Z
- CONFIRMATION REHEARSAL – Wednesday, October 10, from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. All Candidates (ONLY), report to the Church at 7:00 pm.
- SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION – with Bishop David A. Zubik on Saturday, October 13, 2018.
10:00 am – Candidates with last names beginning with A – L and Sponsors should gather in the School Gymnasium BY 9:30 am.
1:30 pm – Candidates with last names beginning with M – Z and Sponsors should gather in the School Gymnasium BY 1:00 pm.
- Name-tags will be pinned on the candidates with Confirmation Names.
- Please dress appropriately to honor God and one another as beings created in His holy image.
- PLEASE NOTE: Photography is NOT permitted during the Rite of Confirmation; but photos may be taken after the celebration.
Let the Light of Christ that you received in Baptism continue to shine forth through you always!
If you have further questions, please don not hesitate to contact the Religious Education Center at 412-835-1155 or email Lorie Uhlmann at email@example.com
CONGRATULATIONS! PERFECT ATTENDANCE- 2017-18…
Luke Alvare, Markus Andrews, Anna Barefoot, Sean Burns, Anthony Cardello, Michael Cardello, Joseph Cooper, Leah Forster, Daniel Gibson, Maya Gottlieb,
Cassidy Guarino, Ashley Hafenbrack, Nolan Hilbert, Larissa Hobba, Kaitlyn Hughes, Janelle Knierim, Abagail Kusic, Rachel Kusic, Marcus Mammana,
Rebecca McIntosh, Emily Morian, Jessica Mueller, Michael Oliverio, Sophia Oliverio, Cameron Paolicelli, Cameron Phillips, Lindsey Powanda, Emily Powell,
Cooper Quinn, Juliana Quiroga-Castaneda, Luis Quiroga-Castaneda, Sawyer Recker, Isabella Robinson, Gianna Ruffolo, Hunter Schroeck, Natalie Smith,
Angelina Stein, Carter Stein, Caden Stokes, Savanna Stokes, Evan Taylor, Ryan Wells, Kaitlyn Wiard, Victor Wilson, Kayla Zimmerman, Lily Zimmerman
2018-2019 REGISTRAION IS OPEN!
Click here for the 2018-19 Registration Form
The LAST CLASSES of 2017-18 Catechetical Year were Monday, April 16; Wednesday, April 18; and Thursday, April 19.
Anyone who needs to complete home school assessments please call 412-835-1155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
FYI… LOW GLUTEN family members:
To ensure your participation, please be aware that you may request to receive a low gluten (it’s very low) host during Eucharist.
The procedure at St. Louise de Marillac is:
1. please inform the sacristan before the Mass that low gluten is needed. The sacristy is at the end of the short hall opposite the table at the main entrance to our Church.
2. always go to the priests “line” to receive the Sacrament.
3. please quietly say “low-gluten” to the priest so he is aware.
St. Louise de Marillac Parish
Religious Education Center
310 McMurray Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
The Religious Education Center is located in the BACK lower level of the St. Louise School building, the farthest double doors to the LEFT, closest to the ball fields and Johnston Rd. Security doors have a buzzer to access entrance.
Mission: The Religious Education Center for St. Louise de Marillac Parish exists to share the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ with all whom we encounter. We invite, engage, and empower children, youth and adults: calling them into a deeper relationship and lifelong journey with Jesus through evangelization, education, and formation.
Vision: We humbly serve as Disciples of Christ, called to build up the Kingdom of God now!
Identity: Lead by Christ as People of Faith, we offer various models of formation, and consist of:
350 families from the South Hills region of Pittsburgh;
600 students from kindergarten through eighth grades;
90+ volunteer staff of catechists, aides and team members
Religious Education Center Staff:
- Lorie Uhlmann, Director of Religious Education
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 227)
- Email: email@example.com
- Lisa Ruggieri, Secretary
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 228)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Beaver, Receptionist
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 245)
- Email: email@example.com
Staff Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 412-835-1155
GROUP E-Mail: FLOCKNOTE (designated with STL Crest and/or white sheep). If you believe your are NOT receiving these message, please add email@example.com to your contacts or safe sender list.
The Religious Education Center hours during Catechetical class sessions:
- Monday – 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Tuesday – 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday and Thursday – 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday – CLOSED
Religious Education programs typically begin Catechetical Sunday in September and end in April dependant on the liturgical calendar of that year. Please see Calendars and Sessions page for details and exact dates per year.
- $75- one child
- $130- two children
- $150- three or more children
- $25- late fee