“Go to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” Matthew 28:19
All are welcome…
Family Service Day… Celebrate God’s Creation! (last service day this catechetical year)
Saturday, April 21, 2018
9:30 – 11:30am
in the School Cafeteria
We will Celebrate God’s Creation! All are invited to honor God’s creation with clean up and then creating special seed planters for those of our parish who are home bound.
To register e-mail: email@example.com or call 412-835-1155.
Many hands make light the work! Thanks!
Year End Details:
All Religious Ed Families are invited to the Year End Mass of Thanks & Praise on Sunday, April 22, 2018 @ 4:30pm.
This Mass is intended for the Year End of the Religious Ed 2017-18 Catechetical Year.
All children are invited to participate in the Children’s Choir and Offertory Procession. If interested, please email Lorie Uhlmann at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and get details. Please bring a non-perishable food item for donation to those who are in need.
The LAST CLASSES of 2017-18 Catechetical Year are Monday, April 16; Wednesday, April 18; and Thursday, April 19.
Anyone who needs to complete home school assessments please call 412-835-1155 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
2018-2019 REGISTRAION IS OPEN!
Click here for the 2018-19 Registration Form
8th Grade Confirmation Prep:
CONFIRMATION FORMS AND INFORMATION are due by Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Please return to the Religious Education Center, through your teachers/catechists. You also may bring them to the Parish Office this coming weekend to be placed in the Religious Education mailbox. Parish Office hours are 9:00am-3:00pm on Saturday, and 8:00am-2:00pm on Sunday. The forms are the colored pages in the back of the Red Confirmation Book. Cut or tear out and KEEP your book… you’ll need it for reference as Confirmation approaches.
Please make sure that:
- Confirmation Sponsor Information Form (Green Color) is completed. If the Sponsor chosen is NOT a member of St. Louise de Marillac Parish, they must get a Sponsor Letter of Eligibility from their home parish (by calling or emailing their parish office and requesting one).
- Saint Report and Confirmation Name Form (Gold Color). If you choose your given name for Confirmation, please select a saint that has significance to you and do the report on that saint. Attach the report to your Gold form.
- Confirmation Service Form (Peach Color) are completed. If you are scheduled to perform service in the future (eg. this summer), please make note of it and submit a letter or form signed by a leader for the service after it has occured.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-835-1155, x227. Please know that my prayers are with you always!
FYI… LOW GLUTEN family members:
To ensure your participation, please be aware that you may request to receive a low gluten (it’s very low) host during Eucharist.
The procedure at St. Louise de Marillac is:
1. please inform the sacristan before the Mass that low gluten is needed. The sacristy is at the end of the short hall opposite the table at the main entrance to our Church.
2. always go to the priests “line” to receive the Sacrament.
3. please quietly say “low-gluten” to the priest so he is aware.
St. Louise de Marillac Parish
Religious Education Center
310 McMurray Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
The Religious Education Center is located in the BACK lower level of the St. Louise School building, the farthest double doors to the LEFT, closest to the ball fields and Johnston Rd. Security doors have a buzzer to access entrance.
Mission: The Religious Education Center for St. Louise de Marillac Parish exists to share the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ with all whom we encounter. We invite, engage, and empower children, youth and adults: calling them into a deeper relationship and lifelong journey with Jesus through evangelization, education, and formation.
Vision: We humbly serve as Disciples of Christ, called to build up the Kingdom of God now!
Identity: Lead by Christ as People of Faith, we offer various models of formation, and consist of:
350 families from the South Hills region of Pittsburgh;
600 students from kindergarten through eighth grades;
90+ volunteer staff of catechists, aides and team members
Religious Education Center Staff:
- Lorie Uhlmann, Director of Religious Education
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 227)
- Email: email@example.com
- Lisa Ruggieri, Secretary
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 228)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Beaver, Receptionist
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 245)
- Email: email@example.com
Staff Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 412-835-1155
GROUP E-Mail: FLOCKNOTE (designated with STL Crest and/or white sheep). If you believe your are NOT receiving these message, please add email@example.com to your contacts or safe sender list.
The Religious Education Center hours during Catechetical class sessions:
- Monday – 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Tuesday – 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday and Thursday – 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday – CLOSED
Religious Education programs typically begin Catechetical Sunday in September and end in April dependant on the liturgical calendar of that year. Please see Calendars and Sessions page for details and exact dates per year.
- $75- one child
- $130- two children
- $150- three or more children
- $25- late fee