“Go to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” Matthew 28:19
All are welcome…
FAITH FORMATION INFORMATION:
FAITH FORMATION (formerly CCD or Rel. Ed.) REGISTRATION for ST. JOAN of ARC and ST. LOUISE de MARILLAC IS OPEN.
Our new on-line registration for 2019-20 Faith Formation sessions is available for St. Joan and St. Louise parishioners and requires electronic Materials Fees collection via debit/credit transaction.
If you DO NOT wish to submit fees payment electronically, please print and complete the Registration Form that may be submitted to the Faith Formation offices (formerly Religious Education/CCD) in person or via mail with a check or cash. Forms are also available in both Faith Formation Offices, both Parish Offices, and in St. Joan of Arc Church.
- FAITH FORMATION CLASSES AT BOTH ST. JOAN OF ARC AND ST. LOUISE DE MARILLAC WILL BEGIN THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2019.
- Please click for the 2019-2020 Catechetical Calendar
- All 1st time registrants of St. Joan or St. Louise must submit a Baptismal Certificate with Registration Form unless baptized at St. Joan of Arc or St. Louise de Marillac.
- Family Fees: $60- one child; $90- two children; $135- three or more children;
Fr. Joe’s Faith Formation letter to St. Joan and St. Louise parishioners below:
Dear Families, Catechists and Friends,
I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to meet with a number of you last month, in late March, to talk about building a new, united Faith Formation Ministry serving both St. Joan of Arc and St. Louise de Marillac parishes. The input of our families and catechists was most valuable in guiding some of the decisions and considerations which I have made together with our CCD/Religious Education staff members of both parishes.
You are aware that the On Mission for the Church Alive! pastoral plan for our diocese has brought St. Joan parish together with St. Louise as one ‘parish grouping.’ The re-assignment of some clergy and the change in our Mass schedule this past October was not the end of that plan, but rather a beginning. Our goal for all of the people of St. Joan and St. Louise is to grow together into one vibrant parish community working to build more effective ministries. It is in this spirit of hope and of ongoing renewal for the life of our parish that we are taking these next steps.
What’s happening in the coming year?
- We will have one Faith Formation Program serving our parish grouping (both St. Joan and St. Louise) beginning with this coming academic/catechetical year.
- Faith Formation programs will be offered at both Joan and St. Louise church sites.
- All parishioners of each parish are welcomed to register their students in whichever program(s) best suit their family and student needs, at either church location.
- Classroom Faith Formation will meet weekly:
- Mondays, 4:45-6 pm for grades K-5 at St. Louise.
- Wednesdays, 6:15-7:30 pm for grades K-5 at St. Joan.
- Thursdays, 6:15-7:30 pm for grades 1-8 at St. Louise.
- EDGE Middle School Program, for 6th, 7th and 8th graders, will meet twice per month:
- Mondays, 4:30-6:15 pm at St. Louise
- Wednesdays, 6-7:45 pm at St. Joan.
- The Homeschool Faith Formation Program will be available to all families of both parishes, for all grades (1-8), now including students in ‘Sacramental Years’ (2nd and 8th graders preparing for First Communion and Confirmation).
- Registration will open on Monday, May 13. We are introducing online registration this year for your convenience, but you will also be able to register at our parish offices or by mail. Please watch your email for further notices this week and next which will contain important details and instructions.
- Our Faith Formation Ministry will be served by 3 full-time ministry positions: a Director of Faith Formation for Primary Grades (K-5), a Director of Faith Formation for Middle School Grades (6-8), and a Director of Youth Ministry and Evangelization. They will be working together as one team, assisted by support staff, based in a common office to be located at the St. Joan of Arc parish building.
What is our vision for the future?
At our March meetings I shared with you some insights gathered from recent studies indicating the increasing rate of teens and young adults choosing to leave the Catholic Church, and very often laying aside any church affiliation. The details and reasons for this sad trend are many, and there is no simple solution at hand. Lay leaders and clergy in our Church are increasingly seeing this as an opportune moment to approach Faith Formation and Evangelization with a renewed commitment and with an openness to new approaches to better meet the needs of our children, teens, young adults and families. Working together to establish a united Faith Formation Ministry and consolidating our programs is an important beginning. We all need time to adjust to changes in our schedules and to build relationships. We will remain committed to better integrating Faith Formation and Evangelization with our parish life, and to exploring many new ideas and current best practices already used in other parish communities – all with the goal of encouraging one another to grow in our relationship with Jesus and with His Church. Please pray with me that the Lord will bless this new beginning which is already well established on the faith and good works of our parish families, catechists, volunteers and staff.
Sincerely in Christ,
Fall 9th Grade- CONFIRMATION INFORMATION and DATES:
- SACRAMENT of CONFIRMATION will be celebrated with Bishop William J. Waltersheid on Saturday, November 9, 2019, at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- 10:00 am Confirmation: Candidates with last name beginning with A-L
- 1:30 pm Confirmation: Candidates with last name beginning with M-Z
- There are two (2) sessions for all of the Candidates to participate in the Sacrament of reconciliation:
- Saturday, October 26 at 10:30 am
- Monday October 28 at 7:00 pm
- Both at St. Louise Church… attend one that best fits your schedule.
- A mandatory practice will be held on Thursday, Nov. 7 at 7:00 pm in St. Louise Church for ALL CANDIDATES. We will review the ceremony with candidates as well as the dress code and arrival time for Confirmation day among other things. Sponsors DO NOT need to attend.
- Any Confirmation questions, please call 412-835-1155 or email email@example.com.
FYI… LOW GLUTEN family members:
To ensure your participation, please be aware that you may request to receive a low gluten (it’s very low) host during Eucharist.
The procedure at St. Louise de Marillac is:
1. please inform the sacristan before the Mass that low gluten is needed. The sacristy is at the end of the short hall opposite the table at the main entrance to our Church.
2. always go to the priests “line” to receive the Sacrament.
3. please quietly say “low-gluten” to the priest so he is aware.
St. Louise de Marillac Parish
Faith Formation Center
310 McMurray Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
THE FAITH FORMATION CENTER is located in the BACK lower level of the St. Louise School building, the double doors #6, the farthest doors on the LEFT, closest to the ball fields and Johnston Rd. Security doors have a buzzer to access entrance.
Mission: The Faith Formation Center for St. Louise de Marillac Parish exists to share the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ with all whom we encounter. We invite, engage, and empower children, youth and adults: calling them into a deeper relationship and lifelong journey with Jesus through evangelization, education, and formation.
Vision: We humbly serve as Disciples of Christ, called to build up the Kingdom of God now!
Identity: Lead by Christ as People of Faith, we offer various models of formation, and consist of:
325 families from the South Hills region of Pittsburgh;
550 students from kindergarten through eighth grades;
90+ volunteer staff of catechists, aides and team members
Religious Education Center Staff:
- Michael Shipe, Faith Formation Director
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 227)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dolores Shipe, Associate Faith Formation Director
- Lisa Ruggieri, Secretary
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 228)
- Email: email@example.com
- Nancy Beaver, Receptionist
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 245)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Email: email@example.com
Office Phone: 412-835-1155
Parish Fax: 412-833-6624
GROUP E-Mail: FLOCKNOTE (designated with STL Crest and/or white sheep). If you believe your are NOT receiving these message, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or safe sender list.
The Religious Education Center hours during Catechetical class sessions:
- Monday – 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Tuesday – 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday – 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Thursday – 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Friday – CLOSED
Religious Education programs typically begin Catechetical Sunday in September and end in April dependent on the liturgical calendar of that year. Please see Calendars and Sessions page for details and exact dates per year.
- $60- one child
- $90- two children
- $135- three or more children
- $25- late fee