“Go to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” Matthew 28:19
All are welcome…
CONFIRMATION PARENT/CANDIDATE MEETING:
The Confirmation meeting is on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2019- 7:00 pm in the Lower Level of LeGras Hall. At least one parent/guardian and the candidate should attend. Please call 412-835-1155 or email email@example.com with any questions.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- IGNITE! Vicariate Confirmation Retreat
- Sunday, March 24, 2019- 1:30 to 5:30 pm at St. Thomas More Church. Buses provided to the retreat.
- RITE of ELECTION
- Saturday, March 30, 2019- 6:00 pm Mass OR
- Sunday, March 31, 2019- 12:00 noon Mass OR
- Sunday, March 31, 2019- 4:30 pm Mass
- Choose ONE Mass to attend that best fits your families schedule. Candidates sit with their families anywhere in the Church.
If you weren’t able to attend the First Eucharist Parent Meetings on either January 6 or 7, please contact the Religious Education Center at 412-835-1155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to stop in for the information and your child’s packet.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 1st Communion RETREATS
- Sunday, March 3, 2019- 1:30 to 4:00 pm, LAST NAMES A-L
- Sunday, March 10, 2019- 1:30 to 4:00 pm, LAST NAMES M-Z
- Both retreats are in the Lower Level of LeGras Hall
- 1st Communion PRACTICES
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019- 7:00 pm OR
- Friday, May 3 2019- 3:15 pm OR
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019- 7:00 pm
- All practices will last one hour in the CHURCH
- Choose ONE practice before your 1st Communion date that fits your schedule.
- 1st Communion MASSES
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ 11:00 am- LAST NAMES B-H
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ 1:30 pm- LAST NAMES I-P
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 @ 11:00 am- LAST NAMES Q-Z
Please call 412-835-1155 or email email@example.com with any questions.
WHOLE PARISH FAMILY SERVICE DAY:
Lenten Family Service Day, “An Offering to You…” will be held on SATURDAY, MARCH 10, 2019- 9:30 to 11:30 am in the School Cafeteria.
FYI… LOW GLUTEN family members:
To ensure your participation, please be aware that you may request to receive a low gluten (it’s very low) host during Eucharist.
The procedure at St. Louise de Marillac is:
1. please inform the sacristan before the Mass that low gluten is needed. The sacristy is at the end of the short hall opposite the table at the main entrance to our Church.
2. always go to the priests “line” to receive the Sacrament.
3. please quietly say “low-gluten” to the priest so he is aware.
St. Louise de Marillac Parish
Religious Education Center
310 McMurray Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
THE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CENTER is located in the BACK lower level of the St. Louise School building, the double doors #6, the farthest doors on the LEFT, closest to the ball fields and Johnston Rd. Security doors have a buzzer to access entrance.
Mission: The Religious Education Center for St. Louise de Marillac Parish exists to share the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ with all whom we encounter. We invite, engage, and empower children, youth and adults: calling them into a deeper relationship and lifelong journey with Jesus through evangelization, education, and formation.
Vision: We humbly serve as Disciples of Christ, called to build up the Kingdom of God now!
Identity: Lead by Christ as People of Faith, we offer various models of formation, and consist of:
325 families from the South Hills region of Pittsburgh;
550 students from kindergarten through eighth grades;
90+ volunteer staff of catechists, aides and team members
Religious Education Center Staff:
- Lorie Uhlmann, Director of Religious Education
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 227)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Ruggieri, Secretary
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 228)
- Email: email@example.com
- Nancy Beaver, Receptionist
- 412-835-1155 (Ext. 245)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Email: email@example.com
Office Phone: 412-835-1155
GROUP E-Mail: FLOCKNOTE (designated with STL Crest and/or white sheep). If you believe your are NOT receiving these message, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or safe sender list.
The Religious Education Center hours during Catechetical class sessions:
- Monday – 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Tuesday – 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday – 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday – 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday – CLOSED
Religious Education programs typically begin Catechetical Sunday in September and end in April dependant on the liturgical calendar of that year. Please see Calendars and Sessions page for details and exact dates per year.
- $75- one child
- $130- two children
- $150- three or more children
- $25- late fee